Wednesday, November 30, 2011

XFCE TO LXDE

Wow how things change quickly sometimes. As per a previous post I have recently moved to XFCE. It was great and things worked very well. Then, it just went nuts...

Active windows failed to work and I was stuck on a single desktop (I live with multi-desktop), mouse failures and etc. To quote the great Dr. Peter Venkman,  "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! "

Anyway, I needed to get something done at the moment and not fight with it so I did a quick yum install of LXDE. I had to go to the gnome session to do this, that is how crazy the XFCE went. But I am currently happy with the LXDE.

I will get back to XFCE and see if I can find out what in the world made it go nuts but everything takes time.

Now I am not going to say I am at home yet, after all I did that with XFCE and things went crazy. But it is working very well so far.